
Theater: NovelMaster | Language: English | NEW
Synopsis
Two years after I went blind in a horrific accident, my husband Julian Hayes decided I’d spent enough time cooped up indoors. Out of "love," he brought home a registered guide dog for me.
"Nora, with Rusty by your side, you won't have to be trapped alone anymore. You can go wherever your heart desires!"
His gentle encouragement washed over me like a warm wave, filling me with hope.
The very next morning, I stepped outside holding Rusty’s leash. But instead of the peaceful stroll I imagined, terrified screams shattered the air. People were fleeing from me as if I were a plague.
"Is this crazy woman trying to commit mass murder?! Somebody lock her up before she gets someone killed!"
I froze, utterly lost. But before I could speak, Rusty let out a ferocious, bloodthirsty roar—and the street descended into absolute chaos.
Panicked bystanders tackled me roughly to the concrete. The beast, thrashing wildly against the tangled leash, sank its jagged teeth deep into my thigh.
Agony tore through my body. With trembling fingers, I pulled out my phone and dialed Julian’s number.
Fifty-two calls.
Not a single one was answered.
When I finally drifted back to consciousness in the hospital, sickening laughter echoed from just outside my door.
"I can't believe that blind idiot actually bought it! Walking a restricted attack breed down the street—she’s dumber than a sack of bricks!"
"Alright, Chloe, that's enough," Julian’s voice rumbled with affectionate exasperation. "Your little prank went a bit too far this time. The cops are already involved..."
His indulgent chuckle mingled with the other woman’s venomous giggle, ringing in my ears like a death knell. In that single, frozen instant, every ounce of love I had ever harbored for him died.
A man like this didn't deserve my love. Not anymore.
I closed my eyes. The sickening flirting outside showed no sign of stopping.
"Nora’s wound is so deep it’ll take at least two months to heal," the woman purred, her tone dripping with fake innocence. "Why don’t you just stay at my place until then?"
"You know I take way better care of you than she ever could..."
Her sultry voice turned Julian’s breath ragged. He chuckled low in his throat.
"When have I ever said no to you, baby?"
Their footsteps faded down the hall. Trapped in my pitch-black world, day and night had long lost all meaning.
I didn't even know what had happened to the vicious beast that mauled me.
A nurse pushed the door open to dress my wound, but a voice from the hallway cut her off.
"Let me do it. My wife has a very low pain tolerance."
What a tragic joke. He cared about my pain now? After handing me a leashed monster?
Julian set the tray down and gently peeled back my blanket. The moment he laid eyes on the mangled, bloody flesh, his hands froze. He clicked his tongue softly.
"Nora... it's all my fault. I should have vetted the dog properly. Who knew the crowd would trigger him like that?"
"It hurts, doesn't it?"
As he spoke, he pulled at the blood-soaked bandages. The dried gauze tore fresh skin, and I flinched, biting back a scream.
I pulled my leg away coldly, fighting through the searing throbbing, and said flatly, "Let the nurse do it. She’s a professional."
"Nora, are you still throwing a tantrum?!"
Julian snapped to his feet, frustration bleeding through his voice.
"I already handed that dog over to animal control. It's probably been put down by now!"
"It was an accident! Why do you always have to hold a grudge over everything?!"
Whether it was truly an accident, Julian knew better than anyone.
He was only daring to treat me like this because he thought I was blind and helpless.
Never in my wildest nightmares did I imagine that the man I had been married to for three years would risk my life just to amuse another woman.
Tears welled in my sightless eyes. Even though I couldn't see him, I deliberately turned my face toward the wall.
A silent war.
Minutes ticked by like hours. The gnawing ache in my thigh turned my face as pale as a ghost.
Seeing my back trembling against the mattress, Julian threw the cotton swabs onto the bedside table. His voice turned freezing cold.
"Fine. If you want to give me the silent treatment, I won't bother wasting my time!"
"When you finally pull your head out of your ass, maybe I'll come back!"
He stormed out without looking back. The nurse rushed in to redress my wound. Looking at the mangled tissue, she sighed with pity.
"This is going to leave a horrific scar. Probably for life."
I stared into the darkness, completely numb. A scar in exchange for seeing a man’s true colors? A fair trade.
Julian once told me my legs were gorgeous, that it was a crime I never became a dancer.
Back then, I had playfully pouted.
"So the only thing you like about me is my legs? Shallow."
He had cupped my cheeks, gazing deeply into my eyes with a soft laugh.
"Your eyes are breathtaking, too. Like a sky full of stars."
His sweet words had made me blush furiously. He had pulled my warm body against his, making passionate love to me over and over through the night.
He had whispered in my ear, his voice thick with desire:
"Nora, give me a baby, okay?"
Perhaps it was because of that very wish that my world shattered on the way to the clinic.
All I remembered was the screech of tearing metal, and the terrified face of the woman behind the wheel of the oncoming car that plowed into me going the wrong way.
After that, darkness swallowed me whole. And Julian never mentioned wanting a baby ever again.
He had held my weeping form, drowning in his own guilt and self-blame.
"I'm so sorry, Nora. I should have driven you myself. Let me be your eyes from now on, alright?"
He had apologized a thousand times, and I never once blamed him. All I ever asked was:
"What happened to the driver who was speeding on the wrong side of the road? Did the police convict her?"Julian had only sighed, telling me that because of blind spots and corrupted dashcam footage, the legal battle was complicated. He told me to be patient and wait for the justice system.
Those two years of blindness were pure hell. I had almost forgotten what the sun looked like.
Now, my mind was hijacked by the nightmare of that hound tearing into my flesh, and the angry shouts of strangers calling me a menace.
Sharp teeth ripping through muscle, the low, rabid snarl of a predator...
I gasped, violently jolted awake from the nightmare—only to hear heavy, ragged panting coming from the sofa across the room.
"Harder... she’s completely dead to the world, she won't hear a thing~"
"Chloe, you're driving me crazy... Why did we have to do this right here in Nora’s room..."
Just like with that sick guide dog prank, Chloe’s voice was dripping with malicious playfulness.
"Because I want to claim what's mine right in front of her!"
"She's a useless blind cripple. She doesn't deserve a man like you."
Right there on the sofa, they engaged in a shameless, filthy tryst.
Their muffled groans and the sickening slap of skin on skin made the blood in my veins run cold.
I dug my nails into my palms until they bled, listening to every disgusting noise, my tears silently soaking the pillow.
I kept my eyes wide open until dawn, until the dry sockets burned like acid.
Julian finally walked Chloe out. But as he reached the door, he paused, walked back to my bed, and gently tucked the blanket around my shoulders.
"Nora?" he whispered.
When I didn't flinch, he turned and left the room.
Minutes later, my phone vibrated. It was Dr. Miller, the chief of ophthalmology. He sounded thrilled.
"Mrs. Hayes, a donor cornea match just became available! We can schedule your transplant for next week!"
A lump formed in my throat. I had waited an eternity for this miracle.
Immediately, I made a firm request: "Dr. Miller, please keep this surgery completely confidential. Don't tell my husband. Don't tell anyone."
Though confused, Dr. Miller agreed.
During the week that followed, Julian kept his word—he didn't visit me once during daylight hours.
Except, of course, when the mood struck him in the dead of night, and he would sneak Chloe into my hospital room for another sickening round.
Julian thought I was oblivious. He had no idea every breath, every filthy word, was etched into my soul.
On the day of the transplant, I had the nurse quietly transfer me to a private surgical wing.
For three agonizing hours on the operating table, I endured the searing light of hope and the burning torment of betrayal.
Meanwhile, Julian was wining and dining Chloe at a five-star rooftop restaurant, celebrating their private romance over candlelight.
"The surgery was an absolute success," the surgeon told me later. "Once we remove the bandages in a week, your vision will be restored."
I nodded, my heart pounding with a fierce, quiet anticipation.
I just never imagined that the very first face I would see when the bandages came off would be Chloe Jenkins.
The very woman who had taken pleasure in humiliating me while I was down.
"Nora, sweetie, do you remember who I am?"
I sat quietly on the edge of the bed, blinking slowly as my eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight, ignoring her taunting voice.
Chloe had no clue I could see. She swaggered over, leaning down until her face was inches from mine, a smug smirk plastered across her features.
"It's okay if you don't. You haven't seen a thing since you went blind anyway! I'm just here to give you a little friendly advice: divorce Julian."
"He doesn't give a damn about you. While you’re fast asleep, we've fucked on that couch a hundred times right next to you!"
"If you have an ounce of dignity left, pack your shit and get lost!"
As she snarled the words, she deliberately dug her manicured fingers into the fresh wound on my thigh, pressing down with all her weight.
Agony exploded through my leg. It felt like my flesh was tearing apart all over again.
With lightning speed, I reached up and clamped my fingers around her wrist like a vice, turning my head to lock eyes with her.
My clear, focused gaze pierced right through her. Finally, I was looking at the monster in front of me.
Young, pretty, sweet-faced—with features that bore an eerie resemblance to a younger version of myself.
"So, you're Chloe Jenkins?"My direct glare caught her off guard. Unsettled, she waved her free hand back and forth in front of my face.
When I kept a blank, deadpan expression, she burst out laughing and wrenched her wrist from my grip.
"Jesus, you scared me! For a second, I thought you could actually see!"
"Then again, after how hard I slammed into your car that day, there's no way your eyes could ever be fixed."
"Lucky for me, Julian couldn't bear to see me go to prison. He paid top-dollar lawyers to bury the evidence and get the charges dropped.”
“Poor Nora, though... Must have sucked being a blind cripple for two whole years, huh?"
My fists clenched so tightly my knuckles cracked. The horrific truth hit me like a physical blow to the chest.
The reckless driver who blinded me was Chloe Jenkins?!
And Julian had known all along! He had orchestrated the cover-up, buried the charges, and protected the woman who ruined my life!
I remembered how Julian had collapsed onto our sofa back then, feigning total exhaustion, comforting me with sweet lies:
"Nora, the accident happened in a traffic camera blind spot. The DA says it's hard to build a case. But don't worry, my love... I'll get you justice, no matter what it takes."
A wave of pure revulsion slammed into my throat. I nearly vomited right there on the hospital floor.
Seeing my sickly, devastated face, Chloe smiled with triumphant malice.
Before walking out, she leaned in and whispered one last warning into my ear:
"Nora Vance, if you don't sign those divorce papers, I have a million ways to make your life a living hell."
"Let's see who breaks first."
The nurse walked in a moment later, gasping when she saw the fresh blood soaking through the bedsheets.
"Oh heavens! Don't strain yourself! The wound just closed up, and now it's torn wide open again..."
Grinding my teeth, I choked back the boiling hatred in my chest.
"How much longer until I can be discharged?"
"At least two more weeks, if you want that leg to heal properly."
"Fine," I whispered through cold lips. "I can wait."
Every single person who tore my life apart will pay for this. In blood.
Two weeks later, I completed my discharge paperwork alone.
Surprisingly, Julian showed up at the hospital entrance to play the doting husband.
"Babe, the doctor said you should stay a few more weeks to let the scar tissue settle. Besides, you're still blind—it's so dangerous for you to be moving around!"
I stared straight ahead through dark sunglasses, the coldness behind my lenses sharp enough to draw blood.
"Why? Am I not allowed back in my own home?"
Julian choked on his words, his face darkening with annoyance before he forced an exasperated sigh.
"Of course you are. Come on, I'll take you home."
The drive back was dead silent. Julian tapped his fingers impatiently against the steering wheel, his temper clearly wearing thin.
The moment we walked through the front door of our luxury penthouse, I immediately understood why he had been so anxious.
Our home was entirely overrun by another woman's presence.
Bright pink designer slippers at the door, matching couples' toothbrushes sitting side-by-side in the master bathroom, brand-new silk sheets on our king-size bed...
Every corner reeked of Chloe Jenkins.
They truly believed I was blind and powerless, flaunting their disgusting affair out in the open like I was already dead.
Julian didn't notice the icy hatred burning behind my sunglasses. He pulled a thick document from the entryway console.
"Nora, after everything that happened, I felt terrible. I want to make it up to you."
"I'm transferring twenty percent of the shares in Hayes Enterprises to your name. Just sign right here on the dotted line."
I glanced down at the paper. In bold, glaring print at the top were the words: UNILATERAL MARITAL DISSOLUTION & SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT.
Every single clause stated that I was the at-fault party, voluntarily giving up every dime, every piece of real estate, walking away completely penniless.
What a brilliant little trap."I won't sign it," I said softly, looking up at him with a docile, helpless expression. "I don't care about shares or money, Julian. I just want to stay by your side."
Julian froze. His smug, expectant smile vanished, replaced by an unsettling flicker of guilt and hesitation.
"Nora... look, I..."
"I'm exhausted, Julian. I'm going to lie down."
I tapped my white cane across the hardwood floor, carefully navigating my way into the guest bedroom without looking at him.
Heavy footsteps lingered outside my door for a moment before retreating down the hall.
He had let his guard down. He felt guilty.
I let out a cold, silent scoff.
Did they really think I was a pathetic sheep ready for slaughter? Did Julian Hayes honestly believe I was that weak?
I pulled out my phone and ordered high-definition pinhole cameras online, having them delivered via priority courier. Within hours, I had them hidden in every strategic corner of the penthouse.
Next, I reached out to industry contacts to dig into Hayes Enterprises' upcoming schedule.
Their biggest product launch of the decade—the one Julian had spent millions hyping up—was scheduled for this coming Sunday.
Julian had always kept me out of the corporate loop under the guise of "protecting" me. But my inquiries revealed something far more repulsive:
Chloe Jenkins had already established herself as the de facto "First Lady" of Hayes Enterprises, throwing her weight around the executive floor like she owned the place.
That evening, Chloe came barging into our home in a foul mood, stripping off her blazer the second she stepped through the door.
Julian, still haunted by my words from earlier, pushed her away.
"Julian, what the hell is your problem?!" Chloe whined, wrapping her arms around his neck. "All she has to do is sign that paper, and we can finally be together out in the open!"
"She's blind! She doesn't even know it's a real divorce!"
"If you really feel that bad for the pathetic cripple, you can just keep her as a side piece in some cheap apartment. It won't hurt anybody..."
She kept rambling, but Julian looked torn. He hadn't actually prepared himself to discard me so ruthlessly.
Seeing his hesitation, Chloe pulled him down by his tie and mashed her lips against his.
Her practiced seduction quickly shattered Julian’s fragile guilt. In seconds, they were tearing each other's clothes off, completely forgetting there was another living soul under this roof.
Inside my dark bedroom, I watched the crisp, full-HD stream on my tablet screen. Two naked bodies tangled on the living room rug like animals.
A razor-sharp smirk tugged at my lips.
Afterward, Chloe tried to strut into my bedroom to take a shower. Julian grabbed her arm.
"Stop it. She's in there. Don't push your luck."
Furious at being told no, Chloe kicked my bedroom door wide open, marching in with her hand raised, ready to slap me awake.
Before her hand could descend, I swung my heavy wooden cane with all my strength, pretending to blindly swat at an unknown noise.
CRACK!
The solid wood smashed squarely across the bridge of her nose.
A blood-curdling shriek tore from Chloe's throat. Blood and snot instantly smeared across her face as she dropped to her knees, wailing like a banshee.
"Julian! Look at this blind bitch! She hit me! Are you going to let her abuse me like this?!"
This was barely a scratch, and she was already losing her mind?
Oh, sweet Chloe. The real show hasn't even started.
Once the fragile illusion was broken, Chloe shed all pretense, treating our marital penthouse as her personal playground.
I quietly gathered the pristine video recordings, backed them up across three cloud drives, and placed them neatly alongside the forged divorce agreement.
Sunday arrived. The Grand Ballroom at the Ritz-Carlton was packed with tech moguls, investors, and elite media outlets for Hayes Enterprises' flagship launch.
As Julian’s "executive assistant" and public muse, Chloe took center stage to host the keynote.
Near the end of the presentation, during the press Q&A, an entertainment reporter chimed in with a grin:
"Ms. Jenkins, word on the street is that you are Mr. Hayes' secretly wedded wife! You two make such a stunning power couple!"
Flushed with vanity under the blinding stage lights, Chloe blushed coyly into the mic.
"Well... since the cat's out of the bag, I suppose there's no point in hiding our love anymore..."
BANG!
A sharp electrical pop echoed through the hall, and the stage lights plunged into pitch darkness.
Before Chloe could bark an order at the stage crew, a sickeningly familiar, guttural moan blasted through the multi-thousand-dollar surround sound speakers.
Chloe’s eyes bulged with horror as she whipped around toward the massive LED screen behind her. The microphone slipped from her fingers, clattering loudly against the stage.
The entire ballroom erupted into an uproar. Every man in the room leaned forward, their eyes glued to the display.
Spanning eighty feet across the screen in crystal-clear 4K resolution was the video of Julian Hayes and Chloe Jenkins, naked as the day they were born, writhing on our living room rug.
Chloe was riding him aggressively, her voice echoing through the hall:
"Are you ever going to divorce that blind bitch Nora, or do you expect me to be your dirty little secret forever?"
"It's either me or her, Julian. Choose right now..."
Bedlam broke loose. Chloe’s knees gave out, and she collapsed onto the stage, clawing at her hair, screeching like a lunatic.
"Turn it off! That's fake! It's an AI deepfake! Who the fuck did this?!"
I rose gracefully from my seat in the front row, walking down the darkened center aisle with steady, confident steps.
I stepped onto the stage, picked up the microphone from the floor, and faced the sea of flashing cameras.
"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Hayes Enterprises product launch. I am Nora Vance, Julian Hayes' legal wife of three years."
The room practically exploded.
In the dead silence that followed, Julian leapt to his feet from the VIP table. His handsome face was twisted into a grotesque mask of sheer terror.
"Nora?! You... When did your eyes...?"
"You're joking... This is a sick joke, right?!"
Chapters (4)
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Watch & Promotions
- Search this code in the NovelMaster app:
519214Open NovelMaster → Search code → Find the title