ZMMTV-BBS - TV & Drama Community

I Took Her Misfortune, but He Gave Me His Betrayal

GoodNovel · English · Theater: GoodNovel, Lang: English ·

I Took Her Misfortune, but He Gave Me His Betrayal

Theater: GoodNovel  |  Language: English

Synopsis

I was born with a special ability that allowed me to bear other people’s misfortune.
As long as I signed my name at someone’s request, I could transfer their suffering to myself.
My best friend was frail and sickly, while I was strong and healthy.
Whenever she showed the first signs of a cold or fever, she would bring me a note that read: [Please bear my illness for me.]
I never hesitated. I willingly signed my name every time, then fell seriously ill for three days.
Whenever my boyfriend saw me sick, his face filled with concern, and he repeatedly urged me to stop pushing myself so hard.
I only smiled. The next time, I still chose to help my best friend.
Then, one day, my boyfriend suddenly proposed to me and gave me a villa as an engagement gift.
I solemnly signed my name on the property transfer documents. At that moment, I felt happier than I had ever been.
However, that very night, several people dragged me into an alley and gang-raped me.
I returned home covered in injuries, only to hear my boyfriend say to my best friend, "I already tricked Lia into signing her name. She’ll take this disaster in your place. Don’t blame yourself. I’ll spend the rest of my life treating her well as compensation."

Chapters (1)

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I was born with a special ability that allowed me to bear other people’s misfortune. As long as I signed my name at someone’s request, I could transfer their suffering to myself. My best friend was frail and sickly, while I was strong and healthy. Whenever she showed the first signs of a cold or fever, she would bring me a note that read: [Please bear my illness for me.] I never hesitated. I willingly signed my name every time, then fell seriously ill for three days. Whenever my boyfriend saw me sick, his face filled with concern, and he repeatedly urged me to stop pushing myself so hard. I only smiled. The next time, I still chose to help my best friend. Then, one day, my boyfriend suddenly proposed to me and gave me a villa as an engagement gift. I solemnly signed my name on the property transfer documents. At that moment, I felt happier than I had ever been. However, that very night, several people dragged me into an alley and gang-raped me. I returned home covered in injuries, only to hear my boyfriend say to my best friend, "I already tricked Lia into signing her name. She’ll take this disaster in your place. Don’t blame yourself. I’ll spend the rest of my life treating her well as compensation." Chapter 1 Morgan Smith clung to Jason Fork’s arms, crying so hard that tears streamed down her face. “I was truly desperate. I owed far too much money after my business failed. “Those people said they would make me pay within the week.” Jason’s eyes held unconcealed heartache. “You don’t have to blame yourself. Lia can handle it. Even if she knew the truth, she’d still choose to bear it for you. The situation was urgent this time, and we couldn’t afford to make a mistake.” The moment I heard the truth, my entire body began to tremble. No one had ever asked for my opinion. Jason made the choice for me. Tearing pain swept through me along with the ache in my heart. I could not bear to listen any longer. I turned around, quietly walked to the bedroom, and took out the so-called transfer-of-ownership agreement. The moment I read the words clearly, I felt as if I couldn't breathe. Buried among pages of obscure legal clauses was a demand: [Please help me bear all the disasters that will befall me within the week.] I had naively believed it was a gift and signed my name without hesitation. I suddenly understood why the thugs in the alley had abused me while shouting, “This is what happens when you refuse to pay your debts.” No matter how I tried to explain, they refused to stop. Once the transfer of misfortune began, it would not stop. Tears spilled uncontrollably from my eyes. Over the years, I did everything Morgan asked of me. When she fell ill, I took her sickness upon myself. When she competed in running races, I endured the muscle soreness for her. When she suffered a breakup, I bore the heartbreak in her place. Yet none of it had been enough. She had offended someone and actually tricked me into bearing an entire week of misfortune for her. I put the document away. Then I went into the bathroom, turned the shower on full blast, and let the water wash the grime from my body. When Jason heard the water running, he hurried upstairs to check on me. He sounded somewhat guilty as he spoke through the bathroom door. “Lia, when did you get back? You didn’t even tell me. Momo came to see you. She’s been waiting downstairs for a long time.” I said nothing, my eyes vacant. Jason called my name several more times, growing impatient. “Amelia? What are you upset about now? Can’t you just tell me what’s on your mind instead of making me guess? I’m tired of trying to figure you out after all these years…” Before Jason could finish, I suddenly pulled open the bathroom door. Jason froze the moment he saw me, and his phone slipped from his hand and hit the floor. I stood before him without hiding a thing, my body covered in cuts and bruises. Chapter 2 A scream came from behind Jason. Morgan covered her mouth, putting on an exaggerated performance. “Lia, what happened to you?!” I looked down at the raw scrapes covering my body, all of them caused by the gravel. My stomach and limbs were covered in bruises from struggling against my attackers. Jason turned around uneasily, unable to meet my eyes. “Did you fall off your bike on the way home? I told you ages ago that you weren’t good at riding. You shouldn’t have gone so fast.” His instinctive attempt to avoid the truth struck me as laughable. I gave a bitter smile and nodded numbly. Morgan brought me a bath towel and tried to drape it over my shoulders, but I instinctively stepped away. “I can do it myself.” When Morgan saw how awful I looked, she gave an awkward smile. “Then I’ll come see you tomorrow.” After Morgan left, only Jason and I remained in the house. Jason acted as if nothing had happened. He turned his back to me and lay down on his side. I looked at him, my voice hoarse. “Jason, I know everything.” Jason’s back stiffened. A few seconds later, he said impatiently, “It’s only a fake ring. Is it really worth looking so devastated over? Momo needed money urgently. I was afraid you’d worry, so I gave her our savings without discussing it with you.” I froze when I heard Jason’s explanation. I looked at the ring sparkling on my left ring finger. When Jason had slipped that three-carat ring onto my finger, I had laughed and cried with happiness. The man who used to say diamonds were nothing but a foolish expense had actually bought me something so valuable. I believed our love had finally reached its happy ending. Even tonight, in that alley, I managed to hold on because I kept looking at the ring. Several times, I wanted to end my life. But whenever I remembered that Jason was waiting for me at home, I struggled to make my way back. I never expected that even the ring would be fake. Jason suddenly lifted his arm, pulled me into his embrace, and comforted me. “Momo is your best friend. She’s careless and always needs your help. Once we help her through this crisis, I’ll buy you an even bigger genuine diamond ring, all right?” My tears flowed silently in the darkness. Jason did not notice and continued speaking. “By the way, Lia, if anyone harasses you recently, make sure you call me. Don’t try to handle it alone. I’m worried that the people Momo offended might come after you.” Jason believed that using our wedding savings to pay off Morgan’s debts would keep me from bearing her misfortune. He had no idea how much Morgan owed. He chose to trust Morgan without question. Jason did not know that the woman in his arms had already been ravaged in body and soul. Chapter 3 As long as I endured the final four days, everything would return to normal. Without telling Jason, I bought a plane ticket for four days later. Once everything ended, my relationship with Jason would end as well. I stayed indoors as much as possible over the next few days, afraid that misfortune would strike me again. However, Jason did not take my fears seriously. He saw how depressed I was and assumed I was still holding a grudge over the ring. Jason was busy raising money for Morgan. Before leaving, he looked at me in disappointment and said, “Amelia, I never thought you’d become this petty. Momo is a mutual friend. You two used to be so close, but now that she’s in trouble, you’re unwilling to help her.” Jason slammed the door behind him and left, leaving me numb. I cried until I had no tears left. Half of my belongings had already been packed away. Yet Jason still had not noticed. The doorbell suddenly rang that evening. I thought Jason had returned and hurried to open the door. But the moment I saw the people standing outside, all the blood drained from my body. I recognized the men at the door. They were the thugs who had dragged me into the alley that night. I tried to close the door, but it was already too late. The man in front kicked the door open. The force sent me crashing hard onto the floor. I struggled to escape, but he grabbed me and yanked me back. The man looked at me with a menacing expression. “We gave you three days to come up with the money, and your time is up. I told you that last time was only an appetizer. If you still don’t pay us this time, you won’t want to find out what happens to you.” The words escaped my lips. “That’s impossible. The money must have been paid already!” Jason took almost everything of value over the past few days. The debt must have been paid. Suddenly, a notification popped up saying that someone had posted a new update. I opened it with trembling hands. It was Morgan’s post. She sat in an upscale restaurant, holding a glass of red wine in one hand and smiling brightly. Only the man’s hand was visible beside her, but I recognized the watch. It was the fifth-anniversary gift I gave Jason. The caption read: [After enduring bitterness, sweetness finally came.] Chapter 4 The fear from that night came rushing back. I fell to my knees and pleaded desperately. “There must have been some mistake! Let me check again!” But the man in front refused to give me a chance to explain. He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me violently into the house. In the chaos, I called Jason. The other party hung up after only one second. Several men pinned me to the floor. I screamed for help until my throat felt torn apart, but no one came. In the middle of the pain, I turned my head toward my phone. The screen kept lighting up with Jason’s messages. [I told you I had something to do this afternoon. Don’t call me for no reason!] [Amelia, why are you throwing another tantrum instead of replying to my messages?!] [Amelia, I’m really tired.] I gave a faint laugh in my daze. I came back to my senses when I heard several men shouting in terror. “Why is there so much blood?!” “Something’s wrong! Let’s get out of here!” They fled in panic. I lowered my head and saw blood covering the floor. The next second, I passed out completely. When I woke up again, I was lying in a hospital bed. Jason and Morgan were both beside me. Jason’s eyes were filled with pain as he held my hand tightly. “Lia, we can have another child.” Morgan sat affectionately beside me and comforted me as well. “Lia, you have to pull yourself together. You’re so healthy. Your next little angel will arrive soon.” My eyes were vacant. A moment later, I began to laugh blankly. I had somehow become pregnant without knowing it, only to lose my child without ever knowing him. When Jason saw my dazed expression, he turned his head away uneasily and did not dare look into my eyes. “Lia, you were just unlucky. I never expected the debt collectors to come after you.” Jason clearly knew everything. Yet he said I had simply been unlucky. I wanted to cry, but my eyes felt unbearably dry. I gently closed my eyes and said to Jason and Morgan, “I want to be alone for a while.” Jason hesitated. “Lia, are you really all right by yourself?” Unlike a few days ago, when I had been terrified of him leaving me, I smiled and shook my head. “I’m fine. You’re no longer needed here.” [Jason, I no longer needed you.] After Jason and Morgan left, I opened the plane ticket I bought long ago. Today was the day I would leave. I checked myself out of the hospital despite my weakened condition and went to the airport alone. At the very last moment before the plane took off, I took out my SIM card and snapped it in half. [Jason, from now on, you and I will go our separate ways.] … After leaving the hospital, Jason felt restless and confused. Morgan offered to accompany him home, but Jason refused. He did not want to see Morgan. His heart was filled with nothing but regret. If he had known Amelia was pregnant, he would never have let her sign the agreement that made her bear Morgan’s misfortune. He regretted even more that he chose to meet Morgan that day instead of rushing home to save Amelia. Fortunately, Amelia knew nothing. He and Amelia still had a chance to repair their relationship. With those thoughts in mind, Jason returned home in a daze. He wanted to find the agreement and tear it to shreds as quickly as possible. He had to do it before Amelia discovered the truth. Jason opened the cabinet and took out the agreement. Suddenly, something rolled out from inside it and fell to the floor with a crisp sound. Jason lowered his head. The fake ring he gave Amelia lay quietly on the floor. In an instant, Jason completely broke down. “No!!!”

Watch & Promotions

About this novel