ZMMTV-BBS - TV & Drama Community

The Maid’s Daughter Pretended To Be My Sister

MotoNovel · English · Theater: MotoNovel, Lang: English ·

Theater: MotoNovel  |  Language: English

Synopsis

I wrapped up my corporate project in London early and flew straight back to the States. I didn't tell a soul.
I originally planned to swing by my little sister's private high school to pick her up and give her a massive surprise.
But the second I walked up to the back doors of the school auditorium, I overheard a group of girls laughing viciously.
"Ann is completely shameless. Her mom is literally just a maid sponsored by the Frost family, and she walks around acting like she is some elite heiress."
"I know, right? Chloe Frost is way too nice. Her family literally feeds and houses Ann, and she doesn't even have the decency to be grateful."
"I heard Ann even tried to steal Chloe's spot for the state academic decathlon. Poor kids are always so manipulative."
My blood ran cold.
Ann is my biological sister.
Chloe is the daughter of our family's live in housekeeper.
But somehow, the entire prep school was under the absolute delusion that Chloe was the Frost family's second daughter, and that my actual sister was a charity case.
I pulled out my phone and dialed my lead corporate attorney in New York.
"I need you to launch a full background investigation."
"I want to know exactly who stole my little sister's identity while I was out of the country, and how long they have been getting away with it."

Chapters (1)

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I wrapped up my corporate project in London early and flew straight back to the States. I didn't tell a soul. I originally planned to swing by my little sister's private high school to pick her up and give her a massive surprise. But the second I walked up to the back doors of the school auditorium, I overheard a group of girls laughing viciously. "Ann is completely shameless. Her mom is literally just a maid sponsored by the Frost family, and she walks around acting like she is some elite heiress." "I know, right? Chloe Frost is way too nice. Her family literally feeds and houses Ann, and she doesn't even have the decency to be grateful." "I heard Ann even tried to steal Chloe's spot for the state academic decathlon. Poor kids are always so manipulative." My blood ran cold. Ann is my biological sister. Chloe is the daughter of our family's live in housekeeper. But somehow, the entire prep school was under the absolute delusion that Chloe was the Frost family's second daughter, and that my actual sister was a charity case. I pulled out my phone and dialed my lead corporate attorney in New York. "I need you to launch a full background investigation." "I want to know exactly who stole my little sister's identity while I was out of the country, and how long they have been getting away with it." 1 I stared down at the text message my sister had sent me two hours ago. "Hey Molly, my school is hosting a charity symposium today. I'm going to be speaking on stage as a student volunteer!" I tapped the privacy glass dividing the luxury SUV. "Change of plans. Take me to St. Jude's Preparatory Academy." St. Jude's was the most exclusive, astronomically expensive private high school in the state. When our parents originally enrolled Ann there, they specifically requested a strict privacy protocol. Only the Headmaster and the Board of Directors had access to her actual family background. My dad always said, "Children shouldn't be defined by their family's net worth." My mom agreed. "It is better to keep a low profile. It is safer that way." The symposium had just wrapped up, and students were filtering out of the auditorium in small groups. A few girls were gossiping near the exit. "Did you see the way Ann stood on stage today? I swear, she actually thinks she is a Frost." "How could she possibly be a Frost? Chloe already told us. Ann's mom used to be a maid for the Frost family. The Frosts just felt bad for her, so they sponsored her tuition." "Chloe is honestly an angel. If a parasite like that lived in my house, my parents would have kicked her to the curb years ago." Another girl let out a mocking scoff. "And did you see her outfit? So plain and boring. Who is she trying to impress with that 'innocent poor girl' aesthetic? If it wasn't for the Frost family's charity, she would never even step foot in St. Jude's." Just then, a girl wearing a pristine white designer blazer walked out of the auditorium doors. Someone immediately handed her a customized iced latte. "Chloe, your speech was absolutely amazing today!" Chloe offered a soft, demure smile. "Oh, stop. I didn't do anything special. I was just speaking on behalf of my family's foundation." "You are way too humble! The Frost family is famous for their philanthropy. No wonder you are so classy." Chloe lowered her eyelashes, her voice dripping with manufactured sweetness. "Please don't say things like that. If Ann hears you, she will just get upset again." The expressions on the surrounding girls' faces instantly turned hostile. "Why the hell would she be upset? Your family basically pays for her entire life." "Seriously. She always gives you such a nasty attitude." "Chloe, you are way too soft. You let people walk all over you." Chloe. The daughter of our housekeeper, Martha. When Chloe was little, she lived with Martha in the staff quarters attached to the Frost estate. My sister, Ann, always had a heart of gold. Whenever she got something new, she would immediately share half of it with Chloe. I distinctly remembered the day Chloe first arrived at the estate. She hid timidly behind Martha's apron, looking up at me with wide eyes, softly calling me "Molly." I finally spotted Ann. She was walking out of a side exit, her head completely lowered, looking incredibly small. I didn't immediately walk over to her. If Ann saw me right now, she would panic. Her biggest fear in the world was causing trouble for our family. I turned on my heel, walked to the end of the corridor, and stopped a guy who was walking by himself. "Excuse me, do you have a second? I'm visiting from another school. I overheard some people talking about the Frost Foundation. Is that Chloe Frost's family?" The guy gave me a quick once over. Seeing that I didn't look like a strict teacher or an angry parent, he relaxed his shoulders. "Yeah, exactly. She's the youngest daughter of the Frost family." I offered a polite smile. "Are you absolutely sure about that?" "Duh. It's not exactly a secret." He pointed out the window toward the VIP pickup lane. "A massive Frost family SUV drops her off every morning. Her Instagram is flooded with pictures inside the Frost mega mansion. Catered galas, private chauffeurs, estate managers... she has it all." He paused, lowering his voice like he was sharing an inside secret. "But honestly, she is super low key about it. She never explicitly brags. Whenever people call her the Frost heiress, she just blushes and tells us to stop making a big deal out of it." "What about Ann?" I asked smoothly. The guy's expression instantly soured. "Oh, her? Word is Chloe's family sponsors her tuition. Chloe is a saint; she practically babysits her. But Ann is incredibly toxic. She always walks around with a massive chip on her shoulder, acting like everyone owes her something." When I got back into the luxury SUV, I immediately dialed my executive assistant in New York. "I need a complete digital forensics sweep on a girl named Chloe. I want the last three years of her social media archives, every IP address linked to anonymous posts on the St. Jude's student forum, the GPS logs for the family vehicles, and the security access logs for her mother, our housekeeper Martha." My assistant hesitated for a fraction of a second. "Ms. Frost, has something happened?" I stared out the tinted window of the SUV. Heavy raindrops began sliding down the glass. Near the auditorium doors, Ann was standing entirely alone, holding a cheap umbrella. Meanwhile, Chloe was surrounded by a massive entourage of admiring students as she climbed into the back of a pristine Frost family SUV. That specific SUV was originally dispatched today to pick up my sister. My voice dropped to absolute zero. "No, nothing happened." "Someone just decided they don't want to live anymore." 2 Chloe was incredibly manipulative. She never made absolute, verifiable statements. She took our family SUV to school. When classmates asked, "Is that your family's car?" She would smile warmly and say, "The driver just happened to be heading this way today." Everyone immediately assumed that meant the driver worked for her family. She wore a vintage cashmere coat that Ann had given her out of pity. She would casually adjust the designer cuffs in front of her friends. "My mom is always complaining about how messy my walk in closet is. She keeps threatening to donate my clothes if I don't wear them." She posted a selfie inside the massive Frost estate greenhouse. The caption read: "Mom is yelling at me to come inside for dinner." In the corner of the photo, she deliberately captured a sliver of the dining room's antique crystal chandelier. That specific chandelier was a one of a kind piece my mother won at an exclusive auction in Milan. She attended the annual Frost Corporate Charity Gala. In reality, she was only allowed in the building because she followed Martha and the catering staff through the service entrance. Yet, she managed to sneak into the main ballroom and snap a photo. In the background of the shot, you could clearly see the back of my father's head as he spoke with the Board of Directors. The caption read: "Forced to listen to boring adult business talk again." The next morning, my assistant emailed me a massive encrypted dossier. Sitting in the study of my luxury hotel suite, I scrolled through the pages, my blood pressure spiking with every click. On the St. Jude's anonymous student forum, there was a burner account that had been posting consistently since freshman year. "Is it just me, or does a certain 'sponsored' charity case act incredibly entitled?" "Imagine living in the guest quarters of your benefactor's estate and actually thinking you own the place." "Let's expose the girl who uses someone else's money to get into St. Jude's, and then treats her actual sponsor like trash." The posts never explicitly named Ann. But they always included subtle, cropped photos of Ann's silhouette, her backpack, or her assigned desk. In the comments, people constantly asked if the posts were about Ann. The original poster would reply: "I never named names. If the shoe fits, wear it." The IP address and the recovery phone number linked to that burner account matched Chloe's personal cell phone perfectly. Then came the screenshots from the class group chats. A student had texted: "Chloe, why does your family even sponsor Ann? She acts like she completely despises you." Chloe had replied with a sad, teary eyed emoji. "Please don't say that guys. Ann isn't a bad person, she is just a little insecure." "She grew up around us, so she probably just really wants to fit in and feel like she belongs." "My mom always tells me I need to be the bigger person and let her have her way." I scrolled to the very end of the dossier and found the academic decathlon records. Last year, during the National Bio Modeling Competition, Ann had spent three grueling months compiling an incredibly detailed binder of study notes. Out of the goodness of her heart, she let Chloe photocopy them. A week later, Chloe stood at the front of the classroom, using those exact notes to explain complex bio models to the rest of the class. The students praised her for being a genius. She just laughed softly. "It's nothing, really. Ann struggles with the foundational stuff, so I tutor her all the time. I just threw these notes together to help her out." That year, Ann scored the absolute highest in the school's preliminary rounds. But the school's sole recommendation slot for the state finals was given to Chloe. The official reasoning on the school's document was: "Demonstrates superior peer leadership and serves as a better holistic representative of the Academy." I stared at that specific line of text until my eyes burned. Then, I picked up my phone and dialed the head of the science department. "Who is speaking?" "Hello, I am Ann's older sister. I'm calling to get a better understanding of her academic standing and overall situation at the school." The teacher paused for a long moment. "Ah, Ann. Well, her grades are certainly impressive, but her personality is quite... difficult. She is incredibly withdrawn. We have been trying to counsel her, to teach her the value of gratitude. She really needs to stop aggressively competing with Chloe." I let out a dark, humorless laugh. "Competing?" "Exactly," the teacher sighed heavily. "Chloe's family has provided Ann with so many unbelievable opportunities, but Ann completely lacks self awareness. Whether it comes to academic decathlons or extracurricular resources, Ann always acts like she is entitled to the absolute best." "And why exactly shouldn't she be?" The teacher was visibly stunned by my tone. "That is not what I meant. It is just that given her... specific socioeconomic background, the administration prefers she maintains a lower, more stable profile. Chloe, on the other hand, is..." She caught herself and stopped talking. I finished the sentence for her. "She fits your stereotype of a Frost heiress much better, doesn't she?" Dead silence on the other end of the line. I hung up the phone. Half an hour later, I drove to Ann's off campus apartment. To spare her the exhaustion of commuting from the main estate, my parents had purchased a luxury condo near the school. On paper, it was registered under the Frost Foundation's real estate portfolio. It was another layer of privacy protection. But according to the vicious rumors spreading through the school, it was "the charity housing the Frost family provided for the maid's daughter." The second the door unlocked, Ann froze in the entryway. "Molly?" Her eyes instantly welled up with tears. But almost immediately, sheer panic washed over her face. She frantically looked past my shoulder into the hallway. "Why are you back? Do Mom and Dad know? Did you go to the school? Did anyone see you?" My heart completely shattered. I stepped forward and pulled her into a tight hug. "Ann, look at me. Tell me exactly what you are so terrified of." Her entire body went rigid. It took her a long time to whisper, "I'm not terrified." I pulled back slightly, locking my eyes onto hers. "Then look me in the eye and explain why Chloe is taking our family's SUV to school." The color violently drained from her face. "Molly..." "Explain why she stole your spot in the academic decathlon." "Explain why the entire school thinks you are the maid's daughter." Her lips trembled violently, and the tears finally spilled over. "I tried to explain," she choked out. "But nobody believed me." 3 Ann's explanation was a chaotic, heartbroken mess. When they both enrolled as freshmen, Ann and Chloe actually commuted to school together. At that point, Martha had been working as a housekeeper for the Frost family for over a decade. My mother, appreciating Martha's loyalty and feeling sympathetic that she was raising a daughter as a single mom, arranged for Chloe to attend St. Jude's under a Frost Foundation scholarship. The Frost family covered her tuition, uniforms, textbooks, and all associated fees. In the beginning, Ann was genuinely thrilled. She thought having someone she knew at the intimidating prep school would mean she wouldn't have to face it alone. Eventually, classmates started asking how they knew each other. Before Ann could even open her mouth, Chloe jumped in with a bright smile. "We grew up together! We are practically family." Technically, the statement wasn't a lie. But it allowed the listeners' imaginations to fill in the blanks. The very first time a classmate referred to Chloe as "the Frost heiress," Chloe didn't correct them. She just acted incredibly bashful and whispered, "Please don't call me that out loud, it will make Ann feel super awkward." From that moment on, Ann became the awkward burden. Whenever Ann tried to clarify the situation, Chloe would grab her hand in front of everyone, her eyes immediately welling up with tears. "Ann, are you mad that I got into St. Jude's with you? I know you hate it when people compare us." The surrounding classmates would instantly rush to defend Chloe. "Ann, you are being completely psycho right now." "Chloe literally didn't even say anything bad about you." "She goes out of her way to take care of you, and this is how you treat her?" Ann tried to fight back a few times. But every single time, Chloe weaponized her tears. Over time, the entire student body became absolutely convinced that Ann was a jealous, bitter, manipulative parasite who couldn't stand seeing her benefactor succeed. When Ann finished the story, I only asked her one question. "Why didn't you call me?" Ann stared at the floor. "You were overseas managing the Foundation's international expansion, and Mom and Dad were drowning in a massive corporate merger. I honestly thought it was just a stupid high school misunderstanding that would eventually blow over." "And then what happened?" Her fingers twisted into her shirt fabric. "Then... Martha came to talk to me." Martha had specifically come to the condo to drop off some homemade soup. She sat on the expensive leather sofa, letting out a heavy, dramatic sigh. "Ann, sweetheart, I know you feel wronged. But please try to understand how hard this is for Chloe. She grew up without a father. She has always felt so inferior. Now that everyone mistakenly thinks she is part of the Frost family, it is the very first time in her entire life she feels respected." Ann had replied, "But they are actively bullying me." Martha grabbed Ann's hands, her eyes pleading. "You have always been the sweetest, most understanding girl. You have a father, a mother, and an older sister who worship the ground you walk on. What does Chloe have? Absolutely nothing. She is just borrowing a tiny sliver of your light. It's not like she is actually stealing anything from you." Ann went silent. Martha pushed harder. "Besides, your parents specifically told you to keep a low profile. If you blow this out of proportion and cause a massive scandal, aren't you just creating a huge headache for Mr. and Mrs. Frost?" Ann's ultimate weakness was her desperate fear of being a burden to our family. So, she swallowed the humiliation and stayed silent. Listening to this, a suffocating rage built in my chest. Ann's voice dropped to a barely audible whisper. "Molly, am I just completely pathetic?" I reached out and gently brushed a stray lock of hair from her forehead. "The only pathetic person in this room is me." If I had just bothered to ask her how things were going. If I hadn't blindly believed that forced anonymity was the ultimate form of protection. My sister wouldn't have been drowning in this toxic nightmare all by herself for three years. That night, I drove straight back to the main Frost estate. Martha wasn't in the main house. She had been demoted last year to manage the storage logistics for the outer estate properties, but her security clearance hadn't been fully revoked yet. I ordered the estate manager to pull the comprehensive security and vehicle logs from the last three years. The manager's face turned completely ashen as he scrolled through the data. "Ms. Frost, this is entirely my negligence." I didn't yell at him. He wasn't the only one who had been negligent. The Frost family had grown too comfortable treating Martha like a trusted, loyal retainer. And sometimes, treating someone like family is the exact mistake that invites a parasite into your home. At 1:00 AM, my assistant forwarded me a fresh batch of intel. Chloe had just posted a new update on her social media. It was a selfie of her sitting perfectly in the front row of the St. Jude's auditorium. The caption read: "True kindness should always be cherished. See you all at the symposium." Someone commented below: "Chloe, are you going to be speaking on stage for the Foundation's open house day?!" She replied: "I am just doing what is expected of me." I stared at the screen, a dark, freezing smile forming on my lips. She had absolutely no idea. When the Foundation's open house day arrived, I was going to hand her the ultimate gift. 4 The next morning, I personally called the Headmaster of St. Jude's. "Headmaster Davis, this is Molly Frost." There was a noticeable pause on the other end before his voice shifted into a tone of exaggerated warmth. "Ms. Frost! It is an absolute honor. Have you returned from London?" "Just got back." I cut straight to the chase. "I am aware that St. Jude's is hosting its annual Foundation Open House next week. I would like to integrate the Frost Global Education Foundation's core presentation into your main event. I require the attendance of the entire student body and faculty. My keynote will focus on educational equity and the ethical boundaries of corporate sponsorships." The Headmaster agreed instantly. I casually added one final detail. "I will be announcing a new tier of scholarship recipients, as well as conducting a comprehensive public review of our past sponsorship case studies." Headmaster Davis laughed heartily. "Excellent! That will be a phenomenal educational experience for our student body." After hanging up, I instructed my corporate legal team to contact the school's administration to authorize a partial release of classified records. Ann's identity was to be declassified solely regarding her immediate family lineage. Her specific security details remained strictly classified. Chloe's scholarship records, however, were fully declassified for public review. When Chloe initially enrolled, she signed a legally binding Frost Foundation scholarship contract. Buried in the fine print was a specific clause: "The Recipient is strictly prohibited from fraudulently assuming the identity of the Benefactor for personal gain, and shall not propagate defamatory or fabricated information detrimental to the Benefactor or their affiliates." At the time, it was just standard legal boilerplate. Now, it was the exact weapon I needed. That afternoon, Martha showed up at my hotel suite. She stood nervously in the entryway, clutching an insulated thermos, wearing her trademark submissive, motherly smile. "Miss Molly, why didn't you tell anyone you were coming back? I rushed over to bring you your favorite homemade soup." I remained seated on the velvet sofa, entirely unmoving. "Martha, your intel network is surprisingly efficient." Her smile faltered slightly. "Everyone at the estate is just so thrilled you are home." I locked eyes with her. "How is Chloe doing at St. Jude's?" Her eyes darted nervously to the side. "Oh, she is doing wonderfully. It is all thanks to the Frost family's incredible generosity. Without you, we would be nothing." "Is that right?" I tossed my phone onto the glass coffee table. The screen was locked on the screenshot of Chloe's latest social media post. Seeing the photo, the color drained slightly from Martha's face. I asked, "Were you aware that the entire student body believes Chloe is the youngest daughter of the Frost family?" Martha immediately deployed a heavy sigh. "Miss Molly, I swear I have scolded her about this. But you know how teenagers are... she just wanted to feel a little special. Besides, she never explicitly claimed to be a Frost. It was just a silly misunderstanding by her classmates." "And the fact that Ann is being violently bullied and labeled as a maid's daughter? Is that also just a silly misunderstanding?" She went completely silent. After a long pause, she murmured, "Ann has always been so soft spoken. She doesn't like conflict. In a few years, when they all graduate, everyone will forget this ever happened anyway." I let out a harsh, incredulous laugh. "So your brilliant solution was to force my sister to endure psychological torture until graduation?" Martha's eyes instantly filled with crocodile tears. "Miss Molly, I have broken my back working for the Frost family for over a decade. I have bled for this family. Chloe doesn't have a father. She just desperately wanted a tiny shred of respect. Your family literally has the world in the palm of your hands. Would it really kill you to share just a tiny bit of your status with her?" I stood up slowly. "Respect isn't something you can borrow." "And if you steal it, you're just a thief." Her face turned ashen white. I closed the distance between us, standing inches from her face. "Martha, I am giving you exactly one opportunity. Before 9:00 AM tomorrow, you will ensure that Chloe issues a public retraction and a formal apology to Ann. She will return every single item she stole. She will delete every single defamatory post she manufactured." Martha bit her lip hard. "Miss Molly, is this really necessary? She is just a child..." "She is three months older than Ann." Martha choked on her words. I continued, my voice lethal. "And don't bother trying to cover for her. I have the IP logs for her burner accounts, the GPS routing for the vehicles, and the security footage of you abusing your storage clearance." The thermos in her hands shook violently, spilling hot soup onto the expensive carpet. "Miss Molly..." "9:00 AM tomorrow." I turned my back to her. "Not a second later." Martha didn't agree. Thirty minutes after she left my suite, Chloe uploaded a brand new post. "Some people are born with the entire world handed to them, yet they will ruthlessly destroy anyone who dares to step into the light." The photo attached was a pitch black square. The comments flooded in, filled with aggressive sympathy. "Chloe, don't let them break you!" "Is that psychopath trying to ruin your life again?" "She is absolutely repulsive. Your family gives her everything, and she treats you like garbage." I took high resolution screenshots of everything and forwarded them straight to my legal team. "Add this to the litigation packet." The lead attorney replied instantly: "Confirmed." Some people will never learn until the absolute final second, genuinely believing their pathetic tears are an impenetrable shield. Then I was going to shatter that delusion. When faced with ironclad evidence, tears don't make you look like a victim. They make you look like a clown.

Watch & Promotions

About this novel