ZMMTV-BBS - TV & Drama Community

My Cheating Wife Died in Labor, and Her Side Piece Wants Me Dead

NovelMaster · English · Theater: NovelMaster, Lang: English, Genre: Realistic ·

My Cheating Wife Died in Labor, and Her Side Piece Wants Me Dead

Theater: NovelMaster  |  Language: English  |  NEW

Synopsis

In my past life, my wife committed suicide because her white moonlight complained she was only a hundred pounds and too skinny.
Before jumping, she sent a message to her parents, saying I abused her.
Just like that, I became a monster in everyone's eyes.
Because of a lack of evidence, I wasn’t sent to prison.
Her parents couldn't cope with losing their precious daughter.
One night, they broke into my house and stabbed me to death.
When I opened my eyes again,
I was back on the day she was about to jump.
"Christian! Take one more step and I swear I'll jump!"
Serena was standing on the window ledge. The wild wind howling outside gave me chills all over.
Tears streamed down her face. She looked at me like she was the most wronged person on earth.
In the glass reflection, I saw my face looking healthy, my clothes clean without a drop of blood.
I wanted to step forward to see more clearly.
Serena panicked, dangling one foot over the edge. "I told you to stay back!"
She hurled a notebook straight at my head. The sharp pain on my forehead was real.
Only then did I realize I had traveled back in time.
In my past life, I rushed home from work just to cook for Serena.
She only took two bites before bursting into tears. While I was still confused, she sprinted to the window ledge.
She screamed that I had been abusing her, then threw the notebook at me.
I happened to see what was written inside.
Her "white moonlight," Ethan, had finally returned to town.
She thought they could rekindle their romance, but Ethan had a thing for plus-size women. He thought she was way too skinny.
She wrote that after yearning for him for so many years, not being able to have him made life not worth living.
Only then did I realize I was being cheated on. In my fury, I said some harsh words.
"Serena, three years ago you took steroids for your illness. After you recovered, your metabolism slowed down. If you don't watch your diet, you'll gain weight fast."
"You wanted to fit into pretty dresses. You wanted a nice body. You were the one who begged me to watch what you eat!"
"I spent three years coming up with healthy meals for you every single day! And now you claim I abused you? You want to die for a piece of trash like him?!"
"Jump then, if you have the guts! Stop threatening me!"
And Serena actually jumped.
Before jumping, she sent a massive paragraph to her parents, accusing me of abuse.
Her parents blamed me entirely for her death. Due to insufficient evidence and the diary entry, I didn't go to jail like they wanted.
Driven mad by grief, they broke into my house in the middle of the night and butchered me.
...
"Christian, every single day you feed me nothing but boiled chicken breast and bland greens! If that isn't abuse, what is? Since you hate fat people so much, I might as well die so you don't have to look at me anymore!"
I knew Serena wasn't bluffing. She genuinely wanted to die.
Claiming I abused her was just an excuse.
In this life, I would never die such a wrongful death again. I was going to make all of them pay!
Her parents would be here in ten minutes. I needed to calm her down first.
I dropped to my knees with a thud and pleaded with pure emotion, "Babe, please come down first. Why would I ever hate you?"
"Didn't you want that Hermès orange Birkin? I already bought it for you! It's in the bedroom closet!"
"From now on, I'll buy you whatever food you want, okay?"
"Life is full of setbacks, but as long as you're alive, anything is possible!"
That last sentence seemed to make her waver.
Tears streaming down her cheeks, she looked at me uncertainly. "Are you serious? You'll buy whatever I want to eat and stop micromanaging me?"
I nodded frantically and slowly crawled toward her, reaching out my hand.
"I swear!"
The front door burst open. It was Serena's parents.
Seeing the scene, their knees buckled in terror.
"Serena, honey, don't scare us! Come down right now! If Christian wronged you, we'll deal with him! Don't throw your life away!"
Serena was already wavering, and seeing her parents so terrified made her burst into loud sobs.
Seizing the moment, I grabbed her and pulled her back inside.
Her mom hugged Serena and comforted her.
Then, without a word, she turned around and slapped me across the face.
A sharp, burning pain flared on my cheek. It stung my skin, but it stung my pride even more.
"Christian, you piece of trash! How dare you treat my daughter like this? I swear I should take a knife to you!"The old woman's words were poison, slicing into me just like the memory of my past life.
I remembered her twisted face when she plunged a knife into me more than a dozen times.
That excruciating phantom pain rushed back. I clenched my fists tightly, holding back the burning hatred inside me.
She poked my forehead furiously. "We raised her like a princess, and you've driven her to jump out of a window after just a few years of marriage!"
"You animal! If I had known what kind of scum you are, I would've never let her marry you, even if she hated me forever!"
She looked ready to spit in my face.
Her father, still patting Serena's back, chimed in angrily, "Open your damn eyes and look at her! She's starved down to skin and bones!"
Serena was five-foot-three and a hundred pounds. Her figure was completely balanced.
Yet in their mouths, she had become a skeleton.
"A husband's job is to provide and take care of his wife, and look how you treat her!"
The two of them grew angrier by the second. They pulled Serena toward the front door.
"Let's go home! Don't stay here taking this abuse! You have looks and a great body. You can find any man you want. Just divorce him!"
Serena pursed her lips and silently let them drag her out.
I took a deep breath and said coldly, "The riverside penthouse you two are living in is under my name. If you want a divorce, you'd better pack your bags and move out first."
All three of them froze. They turned back to stare at me in disbelief.
Serena and I had been married for five years. Before everything blew up, I genuinely loved her.
Out of love for her, I had bent over backward to take care of her entire family.
On top of that, I ran a tech startup that was growing rapidly with an incredible future.
I wasn't filthy rich, but compared to Serena's average family, I was way out of their league.
There were plenty of wealthy men in the world, but devoted, faithful men who spoiled their in-laws were rare.
Serena and her parents knew damn well that they would never find another man as generous as me.
Besides, if she divorced me, she would just be an unemployed divorcee.
Seeing my cold expression, they swallowed their anger and sat back down on the sofa to save face.
Serena knew me. I wasn't the type to throw the word "divorce" around lightly. Deep down, she knew she was in the wrong.
Feeling guilty, she tried to break the silence. "Christian, my parents were just worried about me and said things in the heat of the moment. As their son-in-law, can't you be a little more forgiving?"
"One minute you were begging on your knees, promising to treat me better, and now you want a divorce? What is wrong with you?"
I downed a glass of ice water from the table to suppress the fury boiling inside me.
"You all know her medical history. For years, I carefully managed her diet and took care of her health. And in the end, it's all my fault? Where is the justice in that?"
Serena's face flushed with guilt.
Then, she threw out a totally random accusation: "Then who was that woman you were having coffee and laughing with yesterday afternoon?!"I searched my memory and remembered having coffee with a woman.
It was an elite private yoga instructor I had hired for Serena at an exorbitant price.
I scoffed. "You were always whining about your waist not being thin enough and your legs not being toned enough, so I hired a top-tier private yoga instructor for you."
"She's a celebrity trainer with clients all over the country. Her schedule is booked out for years. But because you mentioned it, I pulled strings and spent a fortune to secure her."
"And what did you do? You accused me of abusing you."
"Serena, I'm only human. I don't expect you to match everything I put into this marriage, but you could at least appreciate it. If you don't love me, let's stop wasting each other's time!"
"But if you still care about me, I will only treat you better from now on."
Serena had a toxic trait: give her an inch, and she'd take a mile.
The nicer people were to her, the more arrogant she became. In the past, I loved her, so I put up with it.
Not anymore.
Sometimes, to get the ultimate revenge, you have to play the long game.
Serena panicked and grabbed my hand. "Christian, of course I love you! Why else would I marry you?"
Ethan rejected her because of her weight. Right now, only I could give her the luxury lifestyle she wanted.
I was her stepping stone for her twisted romance. She couldn't afford to let me go yet.
"Let's just live well together from now on. But honestly, starving myself and missing out on good food is miserable. Plus, being a little chubby is cute, right?"
"I won't interfere with your work, and you won't control my diet. Deal?"
Her eyes searched mine. I stayed quiet for two seconds, making her anxious.
Instead of arguing, I walked into the bedroom, pulled out the designer Birkin bag she had been drooling over, and stuffed five thousand dollars in cash inside.
"From now on, eat whatever you want. If you run out of cash, just tell me."
When Serena and her parents saw the cash, their eyes lit up.
Their attitudes did a complete 180.
"Christian, please don't take what we said to heart! It's so much better when a family gets along!"
"Exactly, you're the best son-in-law in the world. We'd never let you two break up!"
Serena wrapped her arms around mine, beaming, and rested her head on my shoulder. "Babe, cancel that yoga trainer. I don't need her, and it's a waste of money."
I played along. "Sure, whatever you want."
Watching her smug smile, a cold smirk crossed my face.
Since she was so thoughtful...
I really needed to prepare a proper "gift" for her.Ever since our agreement, I gave Serena a huge monthly food allowance.
I stopped rushing home to cook and threw myself entirely into work.
The feeling of staying productive was addictive.
Serena began binge-eating. Double cheeseburgers and soda for breakfast, fried chicken and pasta for lunch, loaded barbecue and beer for dinner, followed by midnight snacks.
Four calorie bombs a day. It was impossible not to gain weight.
In just one month, Serena put on twenty pounds.
Before, gaining twenty pounds would have made her cry for a week.
Now, watching the scale tick up, she smiled with satisfaction.
Hearing the front door open, she stepped off the scale and hung my coat in the closet.
"Babe, I got a surprise for you."
Seeing my mysterious smile, she asked curiously, "A surprise? What is it? Is it that diamond necklace I liked the other day?"
I shook my head. "No. I did some research and hired a private chef who's also a certified nutritionist."
Her excited expression instantly froze. Her brow furrowed with fury. "A nutritionist?!"
"Christian, you promised not to control my weight! You got rid of the yoga trainer, and now you bring home some damn nutritionist!"
"Do you still think I'm fat?!"
Her voice grew louder and shriller.
She thought I was trying to sabotage her pursuit of Ethan again.
I handed her a box of cream cake. "Calm down first. Hear me out."
"I went to a private club for a business dinner recently. The food was incredible, and I thought it would suit your taste, so I chatted with the chef."
"Turns out he's a certified nutritionist too. I immediately thought of you and hired him as your private live-in chef."
"I'll be extremely busy over the next few months, and I have to travel abroad. He'll handle all your meals and late-night cravings. We have plenty of guest rooms, so he can stay in one."
Hearing this, Serena relaxed, though she was still skeptical. "Is his food really that good?"
I opened the door and signaled the man outside to come in.
"Chef White, this is my wife. From now on, you'll be catering solely to her."
The moment Serena heard the name "White," her heart leaped into her throat.
She swallowed hard and stared fixedly at the doorway.
Ethan stepped out from behind me and gave a polite nod. "Hello, Mrs. Vance, my name is—"
He stopped dead in his tracks when he realized Mrs. Vance was Serena, the woman he had rejected.
"What... Serena?!"

Chapters (4)

Chapter 1   Chapter 2   Chapter 3   Chapter 4

Chapter 1

In my past life, my wife committed suicide because her white moonlight complained she was only a hundred pounds and too skinny. Before jumping, she sent a message to her parents, saying I abused her. Just like that, I became a monster in everyone's eyes. Because of a lack of evidence, I wasn’t sent to prison. Her parents couldn't cope with losing their precious daughter. One night, they broke into my house and stabbed me to death. When I opened my eyes again, I was back on the day she was about to jump. "Christian! Take one more step and I swear I'll jump!" Serena was standing on the window ledge. The wild wind howling outside gave me chills all over. Tears streamed down her face. She looked at me like she was the most wronged person on earth. In the glass reflection, I saw my face looking healthy, my clothes clean without a drop of blood. I wanted to step forward to see more clearly. Serena panicked, dangling one foot over the edge. "I told you to stay back!" She hurled a notebook straight at my head. The sharp pain on my forehead was real. Only then did I realize I had traveled back in time. In my past life, I rushed home from work just to cook for Serena. She only took two bites before bursting into tears. While I was still confused, she sprinted to the window ledge. She screamed that I had been abusing her, then threw the notebook at me. I happened to see what was written inside. Her "white moonlight," Ethan, had finally returned to town. She thought they could rekindle their romance, but Ethan had a thing for plus-size women. He thought she was way too skinny. She wrote that after yearning for him for so many years, not being able to have him made life not worth living. Only then did I realize I was being cheated on. In my fury, I said some harsh words. "Serena, three years ago you took steroids for your illness. After you recovered, your metabolism slowed down. If you don't watch your diet, you'll gain weight fast." "You wanted to fit into pretty dresses. You wanted a nice body. You were the one who begged me to watch what you eat!" "I spent three years coming up with healthy meals for you every single day! And now you claim I abused you? You want to die for a piece of trash like him?!" "Jump then, if you have the guts! Stop threatening me!" And Serena actually jumped. Before jumping, she sent a massive paragraph to her parents, accusing me of abuse. Her parents blamed me entirely for her death. Due to insufficient evidence and the diary entry, I didn't go to jail like they wanted. Driven mad by grief, they broke into my house in the middle of the night and butchered me. ... "Christian, every single day you feed me nothing but boiled chicken breast and bland greens! If that isn't abuse, what is? Since you hate fat people so much, I might as well die so you don't have to look at me anymore!" I knew Serena wasn't bluffing. She genuinely wanted to die. Claiming I abused her was just an excuse. In this life, I would never die such a wrongful death again. I was going to make all of them pay! Her parents would be here in ten minutes. I needed to calm her down first. I dropped to my knees with a thud and pleaded with pure emotion, "Babe, please come down first. Why would I ever hate you?" "Didn't you want that Hermès orange Birkin? I already bought it for you! It's in the bedroom closet!" "From now on, I'll buy you whatever food you want, okay?" "Life is full of setbacks, but as long as you're alive, anything is possible!" That last sentence seemed to make her waver. Tears streaming down her cheeks, she looked at me uncertainly. "Are you serious? You'll buy whatever I want to eat and stop micromanaging me?" I nodded frantically and slowly crawled toward her, reaching out my hand. "I swear!" The front door burst open. It was Serena's parents. Seeing the scene, their knees buckled in terror. "Serena, honey, don't scare us! Come down right now! If Christian wronged you, we'll deal with him! Don't throw your life away!" Serena was already wavering, and seeing her parents so terrified made her burst into loud sobs. Seizing the moment, I grabbed her and pulled her back inside. Her mom hugged Serena and comforted her. Then, without a word, she turned around and slapped me across the face. A sharp, burning pain flared on my cheek. It stung my skin, but it stung my pride even more. "Christian, you piece of trash! How dare you treat my daughter like this? I swear I should take a knife to you!"

Chapter 2

The old woman's words were poison, slicing into me just like the memory of my past life. I remembered her twisted face when she plunged a knife into me more than a dozen times. That excruciating phantom pain rushed back. I clenched my fists tightly, holding back the burning hatred inside me. She poked my forehead furiously. "We raised her like a princess, and you've driven her to jump out of a window after just a few years of marriage!" "You animal! If I had known what kind of scum you are, I would've never let her marry you, even if she hated me forever!" She looked ready to spit in my face. Her father, still patting Serena's back, chimed in angrily, "Open your damn eyes and look at her! She's starved down to skin and bones!" Serena was five-foot-three and a hundred pounds. Her figure was completely balanced. Yet in their mouths, she had become a skeleton. "A husband's job is to provide and take care of his wife, and look how you treat her!" The two of them grew angrier by the second. They pulled Serena toward the front door. "Let's go home! Don't stay here taking this abuse! You have looks and a great body. You can find any man you want. Just divorce him!" Serena pursed her lips and silently let them drag her out. I took a deep breath and said coldly, "The riverside penthouse you two are living in is under my name. If you want a divorce, you'd better pack your bags and move out first." All three of them froze. They turned back to stare at me in disbelief. Serena and I had been married for five years. Before everything blew up, I genuinely loved her. Out of love for her, I had bent over backward to take care of her entire family. On top of that, I ran a tech startup that was growing rapidly with an incredible future. I wasn't filthy rich, but compared to Serena's average family, I was way out of their league. There were plenty of wealthy men in the world, but devoted, faithful men who spoiled their in-laws were rare. Serena and her parents knew damn well that they would never find another man as generous as me. Besides, if she divorced me, she would just be an unemployed divorcee. Seeing my cold expression, they swallowed their anger and sat back down on the sofa to save face. Serena knew me. I wasn't the type to throw the word "divorce" around lightly. Deep down, she knew she was in the wrong. Feeling guilty, she tried to break the silence. "Christian, my parents were just worried about me and said things in the heat of the moment. As their son-in-law, can't you be a little more forgiving?" "One minute you were begging on your knees, promising to treat me better, and now you want a divorce? What is wrong with you?" I downed a glass of ice water from the table to suppress the fury boiling inside me. "You all know her medical history. For years, I carefully managed her diet and took care of her health. And in the end, it's all my fault? Where is the justice in that?" Serena's face flushed with guilt. Then, she threw out a totally random accusation: "Then who was that woman you were having coffee and laughing with yesterday afternoon?!"

Chapter 3

I searched my memory and remembered having coffee with a woman. It was an elite private yoga instructor I had hired for Serena at an exorbitant price. I scoffed. "You were always whining about your waist not being thin enough and your legs not being toned enough, so I hired a top-tier private yoga instructor for you." "She's a celebrity trainer with clients all over the country. Her schedule is booked out for years. But because you mentioned it, I pulled strings and spent a fortune to secure her." "And what did you do? You accused me of abusing you." "Serena, I'm only human. I don't expect you to match everything I put into this marriage, but you could at least appreciate it. If you don't love me, let's stop wasting each other's time!" "But if you still care about me, I will only treat you better from now on." Serena had a toxic trait: give her an inch, and she'd take a mile. The nicer people were to her, the more arrogant she became. In the past, I loved her, so I put up with it. Not anymore. Sometimes, to get the ultimate revenge, you have to play the long game. Serena panicked and grabbed my hand. "Christian, of course I love you! Why else would I marry you?" Ethan rejected her because of her weight. Right now, only I could give her the luxury lifestyle she wanted. I was her stepping stone for her twisted romance. She couldn't afford to let me go yet. "Let's just live well together from now on. But honestly, starving myself and missing out on good food is miserable. Plus, being a little chubby is cute, right?" "I won't interfere with your work, and you won't control my diet. Deal?" Her eyes searched mine. I stayed quiet for two seconds, making her anxious. Instead of arguing, I walked into the bedroom, pulled out the designer Birkin bag she had been drooling over, and stuffed five thousand dollars in cash inside. "From now on, eat whatever you want. If you run out of cash, just tell me." When Serena and her parents saw the cash, their eyes lit up. Their attitudes did a complete 180. "Christian, please don't take what we said to heart! It's so much better when a family gets along!" "Exactly, you're the best son-in-law in the world. We'd never let you two break up!" Serena wrapped her arms around mine, beaming, and rested her head on my shoulder. "Babe, cancel that yoga trainer. I don't need her, and it's a waste of money." I played along. "Sure, whatever you want." Watching her smug smile, a cold smirk crossed my face. Since she was so thoughtful... I really needed to prepare a proper "gift" for her.

Chapter 4

Ever since our agreement, I gave Serena a huge monthly food allowance. I stopped rushing home to cook and threw myself entirely into work. The feeling of staying productive was addictive. Serena began binge-eating. Double cheeseburgers and soda for breakfast, fried chicken and pasta for lunch, loaded barbecue and beer for dinner, followed by midnight snacks. Four calorie bombs a day. It was impossible not to gain weight. In just one month, Serena put on twenty pounds. Before, gaining twenty pounds would have made her cry for a week. Now, watching the scale tick up, she smiled with satisfaction. Hearing the front door open, she stepped off the scale and hung my coat in the closet. "Babe, I got a surprise for you." Seeing my mysterious smile, she asked curiously, "A surprise? What is it? Is it that diamond necklace I liked the other day?" I shook my head. "No. I did some research and hired a private chef who's also a certified nutritionist." Her excited expression instantly froze. Her brow furrowed with fury. "A nutritionist?!" "Christian, you promised not to control my weight! You got rid of the yoga trainer, and now you bring home some damn nutritionist!" "Do you still think I'm fat?!" Her voice grew louder and shriller. She thought I was trying to sabotage her pursuit of Ethan again. I handed her a box of cream cake. "Calm down first. Hear me out." "I went to a private club for a business dinner recently. The food was incredible, and I thought it would suit your taste, so I chatted with the chef." "Turns out he's a certified nutritionist too. I immediately thought of you and hired him as your private live-in chef." "I'll be extremely busy over the next few months, and I have to travel abroad. He'll handle all your meals and late-night cravings. We have plenty of guest rooms, so he can stay in one." Hearing this, Serena relaxed, though she was still skeptical. "Is his food really that good?" I opened the door and signaled the man outside to come in. "Chef White, this is my wife. From now on, you'll be catering solely to her." The moment Serena heard the name "White," her heart leaped into her throat. She swallowed hard and stared fixedly at the doorway. Ethan stepped out from behind me and gave a polite nod. "Hello, Mrs. Vance, my name is—" He stopped dead in his tracks when he realized Mrs. Vance was Serena, the woman he had rejected. "What... Serena?!"

Watch & Promotions

About this novel